Pressure treated lumber is no stronger than untreated lumber. The difference between the two is that pressure treated lumber will resist the elements better than untreated, and so will maintain its integrity in conditions that would cause normal wood to rot.
Untreated lumber is the closest you will get to all natural wood, unless you fell your own tree. Treated lumber is infused with chemicals to resist deterioration due to weather, rot and boring insects. The primary differences between these two types of building materials lie in durability and health concerns.
Best Answer: Twenty years in the construction industry, there is no difference in strength between treated or untreated. However, treated lumber tends to be 1 or higher like DSS. Which would make it stronger than 2 typical untreated.
the original ?? was--is treated wood stronger than non treated? my answer was no, you want strong wood, get oak. I was assuming that the press was going to be set on the wood with the wood between the floor and press.
Untreated lumber has two advantages -- its less expensive than treated lumber and you dont have to worry about harmful chemicals. See more home construction pictures.
Pressure treated lumber is no stronger than untreated lumber. The difference between the two is that pressure treated lumber will resist the elements better than untreated due to chemical preservatives added, and so will maintain its integrity in conditions that would cause normal wood to rot. Pressure treated lumber prices.
Pressure treated lumber is specified for many exterior applications because of its resistance to insect damage and fungal rot. But how does it compare to untreated wood, mechanically? For example, consider a rim joist supporting the ground floor of a residential structure with a pier and post foundation.
Where to use pressure treated lumber. Pressure treated wood was designed for contact with the ground or in areas where insect activity is particular problematic. When you're considering using pressure treated lumber where children or food may come into contact with it, you'll want to review the label that's attached to pressure treated lumber
Alternative Lumber Products. ACT Composite Timbers ACT are a strong, durable alternative to treated lumber. ACT Alternative Lumber Products are designed for use as both structural and nonstructural elements in boardwalks, docks, seawalls and many other applications.
Answer: All treated wood comes from the stock of untreated wood.But, to inject the toxins into the wood members, indentations are made in a vertical pattern running the length of the board approx. 1/2" long x 1/8" wide x 3/32" deep.
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
Other Products Case:
- roof plastic wood deck material
- 6 inch by six inch fence post
- building lifeguard chair stand holds 2 people
- increse wall height
- install fence post concrete
- garden furniture spare wooden parts
- feather edge fencing northampton
- exterior paneling wall 4x8 sheets plastic
- composite boards solid 2 x 8 texas
- build deck at 400 a square mtr
- patio bench free plans
- Elegance composite WPC outdoor decking for villa decoration
- interior decorating tips and ideas
- overstocked patio snap and groove floor tiles
- high stability artificial fence
- how to make butterflies to decorate a fence
- how much does no staining a fence cost
- size of melamine board in singapore
- house composite deck designs
- anti skid floor spray
- floor tiles design and price
- windscreen outside or inside of fence
- tiles flooring price Philippines gold
- balcony design with wall
- 2 story covered deck plans
- diy screened pavilion in Finland
- red and white checkered vinyl flooring