How to Build a deck over a concrete stoop with This Old House 10 Jun 2008 Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to put a deck over a concrete step. Steps: 1. Cut PVC trim boards to wrap around stoop
How Porches, Stoops, Decks and Patios Differ This deck makeover began with the removal of deteriorate components, then it was extended to include steps and decorative lights. Photo courtesy of Christopher T. of Greensboro, N.C.
If like us, you have an old concrete stoop that has more than seen better days, rather than going through the hassle of tearing it out, why not give it a facelift How To Build a Deck Over An Ugly Cement Stoop Apartment Therapy Tutorials 5. Next, depending on how much or little the deck boards overhang, you may need to add 2 x 4
Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to put a deck over a concrete step. Steps: Build a deck over a concrete stoop with This Old House By Robin Mansur; Attach the wood-composite decking to the top of the concrete stoop using the same masonry anchors.
How to Build a Deck Over a Concrete Patio. Figure A: Concrete Deck Over a Patio. Sleepers screwed to the concrete allow you to screw on decking. Spacers and flashing tape protect sleepers from moisture and rot. We also installed sleepers to support the steps we later added to the concrete stoop see Photo 1 . Solve Water Problems First.
A concrete stoop and steps can be a formidable obstacle when trying to build a deck. A massive concrete stoop will be difficult to remove. Most of the time you will need to break the concrete apart using a sledge hammer or jack hammer and haul the debris away. Some builders choose to build over the stoop instead.
Instead of removing those concrete front steps, save some time by building a wood deck over and around them. A well designed front porch or deck is an inviting feature on most homes.
Covering a concrete stoop with wood - Houzz Sep 21, 2013 We have a 72" X 42" concrete stoop with four steps that we would like to I was thinking of rising the "deck" up 2-4" so it's not in direct contact
In this video, This Old House general contractor Tom Silva explains how to deck over a concrete stoop. Steps: 1. Cut PVC trim boards to wrap around stoop using circular saw. 2. Counterbore holes in PVC trim with ½-inch-diameter spade bit.
9. Attach the wood-composite decking to the top of the concrete stoop using the same masonry anchors. 10. Conceal each anchor in decking with a plug cut from a composite decking board. 11. Sweep decking clean of all debris. Build a deck over a concrete stoop with This Old House. Click through to watch this video on thisoldhouse.com. Related
A concrete stoop and steps can be a formidable obstacle when trying to build a deck. A massive concrete stoop will The first step to building over a concrete stoop is to install a ledger board on both sides of the stoop.
"Concrete porch steps last forever and require minimal maintenance. Get ideas for building concrete forms, colorizing, and more along with before and after pictures. You and get access to ideas for staining, painting, and more." "See how to build a porch over concrete to determine if its right for you.
Building a Wooden Deck Over a Concrete One: So we've had this very sturdy but extremely plain looking concrete porch in the back of the house, and we've always wanted to make it warmer and more inviting. You'll also need concrete screws e.g. Tapcon for attaching the floor supports to the concrete. I used 3" screws for this step. Finally
A concrete stoop with steps can be a formidable obstacle when trying to build a deck. A massive concrete stoop will be difficult to remove. Most of the time you will need to break the concrete apart using a sledge hammer or jack hammer and haul the debris away.
This is how I overcame the leveling issue and built Deck type steps. See it cleaned up here,.. Skip navigation Sign in. Deck steps over crooked concrete Tufdog's Place. Loading
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
Other Products Case:
- plastic decking distance between boards
- plastic under deck in Korea
- anti corrosive floor in dublin
- installing a deck Renderings
- build deck chairs pics
- Hot selling solid oak flooring with high quality
- diy tools hard flooring one storey
- No cracks cladding wood wall
- modern balcony flooring antiseptic
- house fence design in tanzania
- cheap price wood deck in india
- lowes natural deck stain
- vinyl flat square utility screen white garden fences
- fence boards prices in Germany
- engineered black hardwood flooring
- marine wood joints
- double sided concrete fence panels yorkshire
- rate best quality laminate wood flooring
- outdoor decking south africa animals
- making cheap kitchen cabinet fences
- pictures of above ground pool decks designs
- inexpensive deck surface ideas
- wpc manufactures in kenya
- plastic walls for outdoor patio
- deck built over a pitched roof curb
- ideas for decking around hot tubs
- wood plastic patio hollow decking sale